- Prof K.K. Aggarwal Gold Medalist in all University Examinations. Rose to the level of Professor at the age of 27+ years. After serving National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra, for 27 years in different capacities, Founder Pro Vice Chancellor of Haryana Technical University, Hissar (1995-1998)
- Founder Vice Chancellor of G.G.S. Indraprastha University,Delhi (1998-2008). Authored several books and more than 300 research papers (about 50% in International Journals), Guided more than 20 Ph.D students. Extensively travelled in India and abroad, visited countries such as U.S.A / U.K. / Canada / Germany /Malaysia / Australia / France / Thailand / Sri Lanka / Singapore/ Mauritius / Cyprus / South Korea / for academic interactions.
- Invited talks in reputed Universities like Berkely / Cincinatti / Florida State University of Birmingham / Technical University of Germany and many more. Actively associated with industries like ISRO (for the Reliability Design of PSLV), BEL, ECIL, DCM Data Systems, TCS, IMR, Florida, USA, Ford Motors, Detroit , U.S.A. and Defence Resrearch Labs etc.
- President, Institution of Electronics & Telecommunication Engineers (2002-2004).
- President, Computer Society of India (2007-2009).
- President, SEARCDC (South East Asia Regional Computer Confederation), 2008-2010.
- Chairman, DOEACC, Ministry of Communication * Information Technology/ (2002-2004).
- Member, Board of Governors, Indian Institute of Technology, Patna.
- Member, Board of Governors, Madhav Institute of Technology & Science, Gwalior.
- Member, UPSC Committee on Restructuring IAS (Preliminary Exam).
- Member, MHRD Taskforce on Faculty Availability in Higher Education Institutions and Performance Appraisal of Teachers.
- Decorated with several awards including the Guest Editor Award by IEEE, USA.
- President, South East Asia Regional Computer Confederation (SEARCC) for 2 years 2008-2010 and earlier its Vice President for the year 2007-2008.
- President of the section of Information & Communication S cience & Technology (including Computer Sciences) for 2004-2005 (92nd Session, the Indian Science Congress Association)
- The research work has been very widely cited in IEEE Transactions on Reliability, USA and Microelectronics Reliability , a Leading journal of Pergamon Press, UK. Also work has been cited in several text books. The two text books by foreign authors, in which more than 10 of the papers have been cited are a book on Reliability Optimization by Prof . Tillman of USA, publiashed by Marcel Dekker and a German bok entitled Leistungsfahigkeit, Qualitat, Znverlassigkert.
- Visited Ford Motors, Detroit, USA for Lecture/discussions on Reliable Wiring arrangements in Modern vehicles. Visited Information Management Resources, Clearwater, Florida, USA for presenting a one day tutorial on Software Reliability to their engineers. Invited Speaker at CII™s University-Industry Council Symposium. Invited Speaker by FICCI ion the topic Delhi as on International Education Hub. Awarded Distinguished Fellowshipof Institution of Electronics & Telecommunication Engineers, India.
Date of birth : 01-04-1948, Last post held` FOUNDER VICE CHANCELLOR (1998-2008) Address Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University Kashmere Gate, Delhi-110 006 (INDIA) Residential A-3/512, Milan Vihar Apartments, I.P. Extension Delhi 110 092 (INDIA) Place of birth Amritsar, Punjab, INDIA Phone ( R ) +91 (11) 22243770 (M) +9810044006